Friday, May 21, 2010

Is there a way to learn how to create games from home? or do I have to learn at a school?

Ok, so I was wanting to learn how to create games. I was wondering if there would be a way that I could do it online, or would I have to go to a school to learn it. because I am in high school right now, and none of the tech school around here teach any programming or game design classes.








so what should I do to be able to learn creating games? or atleast learn programming?

Is there a way to learn how to create games from home? or do I have to learn at a school?
Just browse around online. You can pretty much find anything. Sorry i can't give you a site cuz i don't know any but there are also alot of online colleges that may offer that.
Reply:You can teach yourself. First you need to learn basic programming. It's not easy, but you can do it. Almost any programming language will do - I recommend Python because it's free and easy to read. www.python.org.





There are probably lots of online tutorials, or you can buy a beginning programming book from Amazon.com.





Once you learn some basics of programming you can check out www.pygame.org to start making small simple games.





A word of advice: making a game is HARD. Even Pong or Space Invaders is hard for a beginner. Don't start right in on your dream game, start instead with tic-tac-toe or something similar, else you'll get discouraged and give up.





Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment